The original station was built in 1927 for the Seaboard Airline Railroad. It replaced a temporary structure built in 1926. The 1927 building was designed by Gustav Maass of the Palm Beach Architectural Firm of Harvey and Clarke. The style was Mediterranean Revival. Station is currently used by Amtrak and Tri Rail Commuter.
Currently, there is a waiting room on the north end of the building. The baggage room is in the middle of the building. The south end is a freight room.