The Chicago Stock Exchange Building was located at 30 North LaSalle. The architects of the building were Dankman Adler and Louis Sullivan. The building was completed in 1894. It was 13 stories high. It featured detailed external ornamentation. The trading hall was located on the second floor. Despite preservationists effort, the building was demolished in 1972,
The building entrance arches and the interior trading floor were saved and moved to the Art Institute of Chicago.