The Cable Building was located at 242 S. Wabash Avenue in Chicago. This 10 story skyscraper was built in 1899 for the Cable Company. This was a piano manufacturing company. The architects were Holabird and Roche.
The building has a steel frame structure and 3 part bay windows. The building was an example of Chicago style of early skyscrapers that emerged after the Chicago fire. The building was demolished in 1960.