This is located at 1106 W. Lawrence Avenue Chicago. It was built in 1926 by brothers William and Andrew Karzas. Construction costs were 2 million dollars. The ballroom was built to replicate a Spanish palace courtyard. It featured crystal chandeliers, mosaic tiles, beautiful arches, extravagant balconies and terra cotta ceilings. Architects were Huszagh and Hill with help of John Eberson.
It was originally built as a venue for men in tuxedoes and women in gowns to dance to the music of big bands.