The Woods Theater was located at the corner of Randolph and Dearborn in Chicago. It was built by producer Albert Woods. It opened on March 11,2018. It operated as a legitimate theater until 1932.
Its style is neo-gothic. The theater was designed by Marshall and Fox. The 10 story building included the theater on the ground floor and offices above. There was a single screen. Seating capacity was 1300.
It was converted to a movie theater in 1932. Over the years, the Woods was managed by RKO, Essaness Theater, and Cineplex Odeon.
Beginning in the 1950’s, it featured a large marquee facing Dearborn Street.
Over the years, the quality of the theater declined. It closed in 1989. It was demolished in 1990.