The New 400 Theater is located at 6746 North Sheridan Road in Rogers Park. This is the most recent of many names given to this location
The first name of this venue was the Regent Theater. It opened in late 1913 as a vaudeville and movie house. It had one screen and a capacity of 725 seats.
In 1930, it was renamed the 400 theater. This was a reference to a popular term describing the top 400 individual in high society.
In 1990, the venue was divided into four separate auditoriums–3 with seating of 200; one with seating of 150.
It was purchased by the owners of the Village Theater in Old Town. It was modernized and renamed the Village North Theater.
In September, 2008, it began operating as a Visionary Theater.
In January, 2009, it closed.
It reopened in July, 2009 as the New 400 Theater
Unless otherwise indicated, all photos and text are copyrighted