Located at 1749 West Howard in Rogers Park was the Norshore Theater. It opened on June 17, 1926. The architects were Cornelius Ward Rapp and George Leslie Rapp. The theater was a large structure with 3017 seats and one screen.
It was quite an elaborate structure. It was built in The French Renaissance Style. The lobby had crystal chandeliers. The ceiling was elaborately decorated with Pompeian motiffs. There were fine antiques and and a Wurlitzer pipe organ.
Originally, the Norshore was managed by Lubliner and Trinz Circuit. Later Balaban and Katz assumed the management.
The theater closed in 1957. It was demolished in 1960. At the former site, there is the Gateway Center Shopping Plaza.