This theater was located at 6225 N. Broadway in the Edgewater neighborhood. When it first opened in 1915, it was called the Knickerbocker. It had one screen and 949 seats. It was part of the Lubliner and Trinz Circuit.
The name was changed to the Devon Theater in 1929. The management of the theater was taken over by Essaness at the same time. It operated as a second run house. It had a plain appearance compared to the neighboring Granada.
The theater operated until the 1970’s. For a while a church operated in the building. The theater was razed in 1996 by Loyola University.