On the north side of Devon Avenue West of Clark Street at 1618 W. Devon once stood the New Devon Theater. It was designed by Henry Ross. It was built in 1912. It had white glazed brick with dark green glazed brick trim. It had one screen and 556 seats. The theater opened in 1913 and closed in 1917. It was a smaller theater and was unable to compete with larger venues.
Over the following years, the building served many purposes. In 1923, it was a Ford Dealership. (Hughey Motor Company). In 1936, it served as an American Legion Hall. In 1941, it housed a chapter of America First–an anti-war group. In the 1950’s, it housed Devon Clark Radio Store which later morphed into Devon Clark TV Store. Since 1963, it has served as a site for the Assyrian American Association of Chicago.