One of Rogers Park former treasures was the Adelphi Theater. It was located at 7074 N. Clark Street (Clark and Estes). It was designed by John E.O.Pridemore. It opened on November 10, 2017. It was managed by Archer Brothers Circuit. It had one screen and had 999 seats.
In the 1930’s, it was remodeled in the Art Deco Style. It was remodeled in the 1940’s and in the 1950’s.
Starting in the 1960’s, it began to show second run features. It closed briefly in the early 1980’s. In the mid 1980’s, it reopened as the North Shore Cinema. It closed briefly again and reopened as the Adelphi. At this time, it showed East Indian films and Bollywood features. Unfortunately, over the years the theater deteriorated. It closed in January, 2002. Despite efforts to save the structure, it was demolished in 2006 to make way for a condo project which was never completed. It is now an empty lot.