This building operated as a blacksmith from the early 1890’s. This is a German Style architecture. The arched window was formerly a door
This house was built in 1840 by M. Flaugherty. It was later purchased by David McNair. This building is now used by Mad Hatter Antique and More
It is thought that this building was used as servants living quarters until the end of the civil war. In later years, this building was used as a private residence and a retail establishment.
This building was named Farmer’s Tavern by owner John Frazier. It was originally owned by Alexander McNair (the first governor of Missouri). It was a favorite hostelry of legislators and government officials when Saint Charles was the state Capitol
The building was renovated by the Wayne Family in 1854. It was their home and an inn. It is currently a tobacco shop and a gift shop
First owner of this property was Charles Tayon. He was the Spanish Governor of Saint Charles from 1793 to 1803. It is believed that the building was constructed in 1812. They have been many owners. The Botany family were owners for 90 years. More recently, it was called the Witches House. The owners were practitioners of this art. Now it operates as the Magpie Restaurant.
The Liberty Theater is located in Vandalia, Illinois at 210 S. 4th Street. When in operation, it had one screen and 550 seats.
This theater opened in 1910 as the Dixie Theater. In the 1930’s, the building was renovated in the Art Deco style. The name was changed to the Liberty.
During its operations, it featured first runs and occasional live acts. The theater closed in 2008.