The Mount Baker Block is a Romanesque style 4 story brick and stone business building. It was built in 1889 for Charles Eisenbeis. The architects were Whiteway and Schroeder. Costs were $88,000. The top two floors were not originally finished. There were multiple underground rooms which connected to three tunnels.
There were eight store fronts on the ground floor and 69 offices.
In the early 1970’s, the building was purchased by real estate developer Sam Kyle. In 1998, he completed renovation of the third floor. Later the 4th floor was finished and developed into Class a office space. The building is now home for artists, entrepreneurs, non for profits and shops.