The Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Depot in Everglades City opened in 1928. It was a Spanish style stucco building with a central tower. The station was closed in the 1950’s. For a while, it stood unused. However, it was converted into a restaurant called the Old Station Restaurant. It is now used a restaurant called called the Everglades Seafood Depot Restaurant.
The old depot was used in the movie Wind Across the Everglades.