The Seaboard Airline Railroad Station in Avon Park was built in 1926 for the Seaboard Airline Railroad. It closed in 1976. It is located at 3 North Museum Avenue in Avon Park. It was primarily a freight terminal including consumer goods shipped to Avon Park and citrus exported from the town. It also carried passengers. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Avon Park Historic District. It was listed on 3/2/1990. The Seaboard Coastline Railroad deeded the depot to the city of Avon Park in in 1979.
The building was leased to the Historical Society of Avon Park. The Depot Museum was created and dedicated in 1981. A railroad dining car was acquired in 1986.