The West Palm Beach Seaboard Airline Railroad Station is located at 203–209 Tamarind Avenue. It officially opened on January,1925. The architects were Harvey and Clarke of Palm Beach. The building style is Mediterranean Revival.
The station was served by the Orange Blossom Special until 1953. It was served by the Silver Meteor beginning in 1939. Currently, it is served by Amtrak and Tri Rail Commuter. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 6/19/1973.
The station was purchased by the City of West Palm Beach in 1988. They planned a restoration project for 4.3 million. They hired the architect firm of Oliver Glisten and Partners for the project.
Elements of the project included restoration of ornamental cast stone elements, exterior masonry, doors, windows,iron and tile works. The red tile roof was replaced. The electrical, lighting, plumbing, heating and AC were updated. The station was rededicated in April, 1991. In 2012 the city replaced the surrounding side walks.
Currently, the station services Amtrak and Tri Rail Commuter Line.