The railroad station in Archer, Florida was constructed prior to 1900. It was built y Seaboard Airline Railroad. It was built to service a rail line between Fernandina and Cedar Key which was constructed between 1859 and 1861 by David Yule. The first official name was the Florida Railroad; it later was called the Florida Central and Peninsular Railroad. Eventually, it became the Seaboard Airline Railroad.
The Station is now owned by the Archer Historical Society