The first bridge at this location was built by the Atchinson, Topeka, Santa Fe. It was built in 1887. One source described the bridge as draw span with one section raised and lowered. Another source described the bridge as a swing bridge. Over the years the bridge could not handle the volume at the his crossing.
The first bridge was dismantled and replaced with a new bridge in 1932. During the replacement, the old bridge was used until the new bridge was completed.
The current bridge is a polygonal Warren through truss. Total bridge length is 1,700 feet. The largest span is 400 feet. This is a rail only bridge