This monument was dedicated in April, 1925. It was originally erected to perpetuate the memory of brave men who gave their lives fighting for King and Country in World War 1 Later, the monument was extended to soldiers who died in later conflicts.
This is a fluted granite column on plinth surmounted by an orb. The column is surrounded by a rose garden.
Monument was constructed by Odling and Sons.