Adler Planetarium is a public museum in Chicago located at the tip of Northerly Island. It was founded for the study of astronomy and astrophysics. It was founded by Max Adler, A businessman with Sears, Roebuck Company. Construction costs were $500,000. Architect was Ernest Grunsfield, Jr. It officially opened on May 12, 1930. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 2/27/1987.
The museum features three full sized theaters, space science exhibits, Gemini 12 space capsule.