The Carroll Alsop House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1947 and completed in 1951. It is located on the east edge of Oskaloosa, Iowa. It is one of the six Frank Lloyd Wright designed Usonian houses in Iowa.
Mister Alsop was a clothing merchant. His home a red brick and cypress residence. It is one of two Frank Lloyd Wright residences in the town of Oskaloosa. The other was the Lamberson House. Both of these projects were supervised by an apprentice of Wright’s John deKoven Hill. Both of these projects were built by Jim DeReus.
The home has an l.shaped layout with open living spaces. There are four bedrooms. There is a nine inch concrete floor. The home was built into the side of a hill to maximize views. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 9, 1988.