The Hendry House was originally the home of Captain Francis Asbury and Ardeline Hendry. It was located at First and Royal Palm.In October 1888, they sold this house to to their son Louis for $7,000.
Louis remodeled the house converting it to a hotel. He added 14 rooms. There was a large open porch and balcolny. There was Victorian gingerbread woodwork. In 1897, Louis sold the land and hotel to Hugh O’Neill. He razed the Hendry House Hotel and built the Royal Palm Hotel on the site.