In 1952, this was the first permanent location of the Fort Myers Public Library on Edwards Street across the way from the Fort Myers Yacht Basin. It was at this location until 1979.
The next tenant at this building was the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce. It still occupies this location.
Another source stated property was built in 2000. Could this actually be the date of remodeling ?
Building is 7,563 square. Property is 19,602 square feet.