The Punta Gorda Women’s Club formed in 1925. It was a consolidation of 3 separate women’s clubs–Ladies Fortnightly Club, Women’s Club Civic Association, and Married Ladies Club. The newly formed association built a Spanish Style Mission Building in 1926. It was built on land donated by Judge William Fenimore Cooper.
Through the years it featured stage productions, dances, meetings and dinners. For 30 years, it housed the the first area library. During World War 2, it was used by the USO.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
In 2000, the deed to the property was turned over to the Punta Gorda Historical Society. The building is currently available for rental for events.