This church community was founded in 1886. The current church building is located at 21440 Pearl Street, Alva, Florida. It was built in 1903. The church sustained considerable wind damage from Hurricane Irma in 2017. The entire steeple was blown off the church building.
Stevens Construction Company completed the reconstruction of the 115 year old steeple in 2018. Costs was approximately $25,000.