The small town of Alva, Florida is the home of a library dating to 1909. This library was the first in Lee County. Its style is classical revival. The library was active for many years. Library closed in 1937. But remained in use for years for various purposes. In 1974, the Alva Garden Club converted into a museum. They received the permission of Library Association Trustees.