The Federal Building was constructed as a United States Post Office with a WPA subsidy approved by Congress in 1931. The subsidy was $175,000. The style is neoclassical. It is 2 stories high (23.97 feet).
The architect was George Albee Freeman. His associate was Harold N. Hall. The supervising Architect was Louis A. Simon. The project was completed in 1934. Apparently, the building Currently functions as a Social Security Office.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 22, 1984.