This bridge crosses the Sanitary and Ship Canal in Lemont. It was built in 1898. Builder/Contractor was the Keystone Bridge Company of Pittsburgh, PA. Bridge subcontractors were the McArthur Brothers and Winston and Company. Cost of the bridge was $84, 391.45. Total weight of iron and steel in the bridge is 2,315,656 pounds. The counterweight weight weighed 858,645 pounds. This is a metal pin-connected Pratt Throuh Truss, Movable: Swing (Bobtail). Main span length is 259.6 feet. Structure length is 398.5 feet. Bridge is currently used by the Burlington Northern Railroad. Formerly used by the Santa Re Railroad.