The Chicago and North Western Terminal was in operation from 1911-1984. It was located at Madison Street between Canal and Clinton. The architects were Frost and Granger. It was opened in 1911. The cost was $27,750,000. Construction took 5 and one half years. At the time of its construction, it was one of the largest railroad terminal in the United States.
The building occupied 13 acres. The station was 320 X 218 feet. It was four stories high. It contained 16 tracks. The style was Italian Renaissance. The great lobby or concourse was 100 X 250 feet.
Oligivie Center replaced the terminal. A glass high rise was added in 1987.