The Edwin Colvin House is located at 5940 Sheridan Road in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago. It was build in 1906. The architect was George Maher. The original owner was Harry Stevenson, a manufacturing magnate. The second owner (after whom the house was named) was Edwin Colvin, a VP of W.F. Hall Printing.
The house has a square footage of 6,040 feet. The external wall is made of yellow Roman bricks. There is a non working organ. There are three marble fire places. There is a butler pantry and a wine cellar. The architectural style is Prairie.
The third owner, the Barises had angels carved in the ceilings and redecorated in a 1920’s Spanish décor.
Over the years, the building deteriorated and there was damage from leaking from the roof.
The building was used as an event and a wedding venue. Currently, it is used a a creative co working facility