James Hendry was responsible for construction of the building at 2229 Main Street, Fort Myers. He maintained a general store here beginning in 1911.
Beginning in 1927, the Lee County Bank and Trust occupied this building. They made modifications including stuccuoing over the outside walls and adding a pair of Doric Columns at the corner entrance. This gave the building a Neoclassical look.
The bank failed during the Depression. It was reorganized as the Lee County Bank. It remained in business until 1965.
The building is now used by Main Street Antiques and Collectibles.