This building is located at the northwest corner of First Street and Jackson Street. Harvie Heitman bankrolled by Ambrose McGregor built Lee County’s first brick building at this site. It opened as Fort Myers first grocery store in 1898. It was owned by both Harvie Heitman and Gilmer Heitman.
Over the years this building has many tenants and alterations. Its current appearance is similar to its 1920’s appearance. It has a Mediterranean Revival style.