This building is located at the corner of First Street and Hendry St, Fort Myers. It was built in 1905 by Dr. Benjamin Matheson. It was the home of the First National Bank and the Leon Hotel. The structure was constructed of pressed concrete blocks.
In 1912, Peter Tonnelier purchased the building. He remodeled the structure to include Mediterranean, Egyptian, and Moroccan motifs.
This building is one of the structures that surround the area known as Patio de leon.
Currently, the building now houses retail and apartments