At one time , there was a small movie theater at 3709 North Southport Avenue in Chicago. It was named The Esthena. It opened 1913. It had one screen. Its capacity was 299 seats.
It was renamed the Southport in 1923. It closed later in the same year. For several years, the old theater building was used by th Crown Liquor Store. The building was eventually demolished. During the demolition process, the front sidewalk was torn up. Underneath, was a marble sidewalk that read Esthena Theater.