In 1927, Rogers Park Hospital opened at 6970 N. Clark Street in Chicago. The president of the new hospital was Dr. Francis Patrick Machler. The hospital was a replacement of a two story structure built in 1921 also by Dr. Francis Patrick Machler.
Dr. Machler lived in Evanston, Il. He was a Rogers Park physician and surgeon for 35 years ( his office was at 7001 N. Clark), a drummer boy in the Spanish American War, a U.S. Army Captain in World War 1, and a veteran leader. He died in 1950 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The new hospital was six stories high. There was a solarium on the top floor. The building was constructed with reinforced concrete. The exterior was brick and terra cotta. Construction costs were $402,000. Architect was Dwight Wallace.
Bed capacity was 102. There were two operating rooms. There was one delivery room. There was X-Ray capability.
In June 1930, the hospital was sold by Dr. Francis Patrick Machler and Thomas Sullivan and Company to the Rogers Park Community Hospital Association. The sale price was $400,000. Judge Harry Olson was the new chairman of the board. Dr. Nappe was the New President. The hospital name was changed to Rogers Park Community Hospital.