The Pickwick Theater is located in Park Ridge, Illinois at 5 S. Prospect Avenue. It opened in 1928. It operated as a movie and a vaudeville venue. It had one screen and a seating capacity of 1476 seats. The architects were Roscoe Harold Zook, William F. Mc Caughey, and Alfonso Iannelli. The building style is art deco. There is a distinguished marquee and a 100 foot tower. The theater auditorium was built to resemble an Aztec or Mayan temple.
In 1975, the theater was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Seating capacity was reduced by 200 in 1968; by 400 in 2012.
In 1990, 3 smaller auditoriums and screens were added to the rear of the theater.
In 2007, the Bog Theater Company presented live theatrical shows at the Pickwick.
In 2012, there was a major 1.2 million dollar renovation at the Pickwick. Included in the project were: a new roof; mechanical improvements; exterior renovations; restoration of the original auditorium to its art deco style.
In 2017, owner Dino Vlahakis added a small 39 seat theater to the rear of the second floor.