The Valencia Theater was located in Evanston, Illinois at 1580 Sherman Avenue. It was originally known as the Evanston Theater.
It was constructed in 1911. The architect was John E.O. Pridmore. It opened as a vaudeville venue but was later converted to a movie theater with one screen.
In 1925, it was renamed the New Evanston Theater.
It underwent a complete renovation in 1932. Seating capacity was increased to 950. Its style was changed to art deco. It was renamed the Valencia.
Shortly after this, the theater was acquired by the Balaban and Katz Chain. Later, it was managed by the B and K successors ABC and Plitt.
The theater closed in 1975. The building was demolished in the 1980’s. It was replaced by an 18 story building. This is the world headquarters of Rotary International.