The first permanent station at Linden Avenue was built in 1912–1913. Its was the last of many proposals. The architect was Arthur Gerber. It was a small boxed shaped building. Its style was a mix of bungalow/ Praire School style. It has stucco walls. During the years, it underwent multiple modifications. In the late 1980’s, the CTA began considering a replacement. The structure had not kept up to the station volume. Building of a new station began in 1991-1993.
Rather than demolish the original station. It was decided to preserve the structure. The first tenant of the building was North Shore Community Bank. It used the structure from 1998–2015. The current tenant is the Wilmette Kenilworth Chamber of Commerce. In 1984, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Spaces.
All photos and text are copyrighted