This theater is located at 827 LaSalle Street in Ottawa, Illinois. It originally opened as a vaudeville theater named the Gayety in 1910.
In the early 1930’s, it became a movie theater. Its name was changed to the Roxy. It was operated by the Alliance Theater Corporation. It originally had one movie screen.
GKC took over management of the theater in the mid 1980’s. They converted it to a two screen house. A few years later, an addition was made to the theater and four screen were added. Capacity was increased to 750 seats.
Theater is now managed by 21st Century Cinema. It is still active showing first run features.