Calvary Cemetery is located in Evanston. It is one of the oldest Catholic Cemeteries in the Chicago area. It is located between Chicago Avenue on the west and Sheridan Road on the east. It was consecrated in 1859. One of the most striking features of the cemetery is an arched limestone entrance on Chicago Avenue. There are three arches. Likely the limestone came either from Lemont or Joliet. The architect was James J. Egan. He was well known in the area. He designed multiple Catholic buildings and structures. He was buried in Calvary.