The Thomas Jefferson Pumping Station at 2250 W. Eastwood in Chicago became operational in 1928. The architect was Argyle Robinson. It features elegant brick work and terra cotta detail.
It is one of the 12 pumping stations scattered across the Chicago. area. These stations take water drawn from Lake Michigan and pressurize it after it has been purified. This is how water is transported through the grid of water mains.