One of the three buildings comprising the Old Chicago Water Tower District is is Fire Station 98. This is the youngest of the buildings dating back to 1904. It is located at 202 East Chicago Avenue. It was originally known as Hose Company Number 2.
It is a 2 story limestone and brick building. It features turrets and parapets. The former stable area serves as the kitchen. The former hay loft on the second floor serves as a weight room. Two of the original brass poles are still used. The architect was C.F. Hermann. He was also the architect for the 36th District Chicago Police Station (1906) and the 20th District Chicago Police Station (1908).