Ogden Avenue crossed the North Branch Chicago River (950 West; 965 North) and the North Branch Canal (900 West; 1136 North) 2.9 miles from the river mouth.
In 1924, a temporary pontoon swing bridge electric powered, steel through truss crossed the North Branch Chicago River at Ogden Avenue. It was removed in 1931.
On December 9, 1932, two steel double leaf bascle bridges opened–one over the North Branch Canal and one over the North Branch Chicago River at Ogden Avenue.
Construction: Great Lakes Dredge and Dock Company
Construction costs were$4.6 million.
Closed in 1993; removed in 1994
Various sections of East Ogden Avenue were West of the North Branch of the Chicago River.
Photos added 4/21/2018