The Olympic Hotel was built in 1890 by Captain John Mansen. It was the first hotel in Poulsbro. In 1901, the Olympic was purchased by Andrew and Louise Johnson Young. They remodeled the building and added a large north addition known as the annex. The Hotel had easy access to the steamboat dock. The building burned down in 1914.
Well known Mason Peter Fedt rebuilt the Olympic with foot thick cement. The grand opening was April 1916. The building operated as a hotel until the 1970’s.