The Rose Theater Building is located at 235 Taylor Street, Port Townsend, Washington. The Haller Theater was built on a lot owned by Eisenbeis Estate Company in 1907. In the following year, the Rose Theater (which started as a vaudeville house) moved into the Haller Site.
Over the following years,the Rose was managed by stream of multiple owners. It closed in 1959.
During the following years, tenants in the Rose Building included a bakery, sporting goods store, and a bargain store.
In 1992, two businesses partners (Phillip Johnson and Rocky Friedman with Barbara Marseille interior designer and a historic preservation advocate) attempted to renovate the building to its original 20th century atmosphere.
The Rose is currently home to world famous popcorn and the hub of the yearly Port Townsend film festival.
The original theater was a 158 seat auditorium. A second smaller theater was added the Rosebud. A third event space and theater was set up on the third floor of the building at 237 Taylor. This was called the Starlight.
In 2022, Rocky Friedman announced that the Rose Theater, the Rosebud and the Starlight. were for sale