Originally in 1886, the Florida Southern Railroad acquired the right of way in Wauchula, Florida. A wooden depot was built in 1899. The ACL subsequently acquired the right of way.
The ACL Railroad built a red brick one story station in Wauchula. Construction extended from 1914 to 1915. It opened 1/28/1915. The current interior features exposed brick walls and rafters. The floor is original. Train service was discontinued on 6/10/1986. No railroad tracks are currently present.
A portion of the Depot is used as a rental area for events. The Wauchula Chamber of Commerce rents space at the depot. Hardee Business Hub rents space at the depot