There is a historic mission style building located on Jackson Street in Fort Myers. This was a railroad passenger station built by the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad in 1924. It remained in service until 1971. It was abandoned. The building stood empty until 1982.
In 1982, the building became the Southwest Florida Museum of History. It functioned as the museum until 2015. The museum had decreasing visitors.
In 2015, the Imaginarium and the Southwest Museum of History merged. The old Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Station was empty once again.
The next tenant of the old railroad station was the Southwest Florida Community Foundation. This is a non for profit organization whose goal is to cultivate regional change for common good through collective leadership, social innovation and philanthropy and to address evolving needs in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. This organization has 22 employees.