The old Almonte post office is located on a triangular lot on the corner of Mill and Little Bridge Streets. Its address is 73-77 Mill Street. The architect was Thomas Fuller. The builder was Robert Cameron.
The building was constructed between 1/1/89 to 1/1 /91. The style is Romanesque. It is 2 and 1/2 stories. There is a steep gable roof. There is a variegated stone pattern. Beckwith limestone was used for the foundation. North Elmsley sandstone was used for the exterior walls.
A four faced clock was added to the building from 1913–1916.
A rear addition was added from 1913–1916.
Scenes in the recent movie Maps and Mistletoe demonstrate old post office building.