The current Shelbyville, Tennessee Courthouse is located 1 Public Square E. # 200. It was built in 1935. Architects were Marr and Holman. Style is Classical Revival. This is is the 5th courthouse.
The first courthouse was built in 1810. It was replaced in 1813. It was destroyed in a tornado in 183o. The next courthouse was built in 1833. It was destroyed in a fire in 1863. Next was built 1873. It was destroyed in 1934.