The Hotel Colorado is a historic hotel at 526 Pine Street, Glenwood Springs, Colorado. It was built for William Deveraux, a silver magnate and banker. Construction costs were $850,000. Architects for the project were Boring, Tilton and Mellon. The style was Italianate. It is a replicate of Villa de Medici.
Local materials used in the construction included cream colored Roman Brick and Peach Blow sandstone.
Imports included 12,000 square feet of carpet and 2,000 rose bushes.
The hotel quickly became a popular summer retreat. Famous guests included Presidents Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft and Herbert Hoover and actor Tom Mix.
From 1942 to 1946, the hotel was leased by the U.S. Navy for use as a convalescent hospital. Later, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 5/26/1977.
It is alleged that the Hotel is invaded by ghosts.