This historic hotel is located at 701 N. Michigan Ave. It opened in 1924. Construction costs were 4 million. The architects were Mergatroyd and Ogden from New York. Style was northern Italian Renaissance. It was built by the Allerton Hotel Company. Originally it was built as a club hotel for men. Over the years this changed. The hotel has undergone multiple renovations. It was purchased by Warwick.Hotels and Resorts.